Thursday, March 15, 2012

Psalm 18

 2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; (Rock as in great big volcano)  
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
   my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
 3 I called to the LORD, who is worthy of praise,
   and I have been saved from my enemies.
4 The cords of death entangled me;
   the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.
5 The cords of the grave coiled around me;
   the snares of death confronted me.
 6 In my distress I called to the LORD;
   I cried to my God for help.
From his temple he heard my voice; (Volcanic temple)  
my cry came before him, into his ears.
7 The earth trembled and quaked,
   and the foundations of the mountains shook;
   they trembled because he was angry. (No, they trembled because a volcano was blowing its top)

8 Smoke rose from his nostrils; 
   consuming fire came from his mouth,
   burning coals blazed out of it.
9
He parted the heavens and came down;
   dark clouds were under his feet.
10 He mounted the cherubim and flew;
   he soared on the wings of the wind.
11 He made darkness his covering, his canopy around him—
   the dark rain clouds of the sky.
12 Out of the brightness of his presence
clouds advanced,
   with hailstones and bolts of lightning.
13 The LORD thundered from heaven;
   the voice of the Most High resounded.

14 He shot his arrows and scattered the enemy,
   with great bolts of lightning he routed them.

15 The valleys of the sea were exposed
   and the foundations of the earth laid bare
at your rebuke, LORD,
   at the blast of breath from your nostrils.
blah blah blah waffle waffle waffle.....
 
 
Good Lord! Whoever wrote that load of eulogising must have been on something.
Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

No comments:

Post a Comment